I found out why and how i cross posted.

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by microberts, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. microberts

    microberts Guest

    I use outlook express. (nuff said.)
    in this case, i usually select reply group. and 24 hoursupport.helpdesk
    comes up. in this case the persont i replied under cross posted, and in
    reply, my reply also cross posted. and i did not pay attention to the news
    groups thus I also violated a term and condition and am sorry.

    This brough up a tip for those who use outlook express in the mean time.
    you will notice in outlook express, that if you want to reply, or even send
    out a standard message to a group of people that there is no Bcc: in outlook
    express.

    here is how to enable it when you wish to use it.

    To add a Bcc recipient to a new message in Outlook Express:

    a.. Select View from the message's menu.
    b.. Make sure All Headers is checked.
    A Bcc: field appears right below the Cc: field and can be used to add Bcc
    recipients to the message in Outlook Express

    also, if you wish to Forward a news group message reply to someone you know,
    you will see a field called reply to.. add the e-mail addresses of those you
    wish to add to the list in the message. in some cases, like me, I could use
    tips from a news group posting, and would not mind being Forwarded a message
    like this one.

    Or, if there is a problem and you reply, and you know someone who might have
    a soloution, the reply to can be sent to them, and when they reply, the
    message will be posted on the news group and the originator.

    This has a huge potential of being exploited though.

    thanks.

    microberts, Dec 22, 2003

  2. microberts

    Brian H¹© Guest

    microberts said:
    Oh yes there is a bcc, you even explain how to "enable" it.
    (snip)

    Thanks for the lessons, I'm sure all the regular posters will be thrilled to
    bits to learn many more useful tips from you.
    Maybe you can find out how to start a newsgroup and come back with an answer.

    Brian H¹©, Dec 22, 2003

  3. microberts

    microberts Guest

    Why thank you for the IDEA... :p

    remember... Stupid as stupid does :)

    microberts, Dec 22, 2003
  4. Speaking of stupid, I believe you left a word out of that saying.

    Next class: Irony 101. MWF 0900 Robert Hall, Rm.206 3 cr.

    Blinky the Shark, Dec 22, 2003