    laptop but when I setup the wireless I had the wep key option. However I lost
    the paper that I wrote it down on and cant access my on network!!!

    How can I find the wep key?? Someone help?

    Guest, Apr 23, 2005

  2. Guest

    BobC Guest

    Reset your router and wireless devices.

    BobC, Apr 23, 2005

  3. Guest

    JoeT Guest

    Every router I've used generates and makes a number of WEP keys available in
    it's wireless configuration pages, also indicating which of the possible
    keys it is using. Why not just log in to your router (from the desktop) and
    see which WEP key it's waiting for and plug it into your laptop's setup?
    You'll also probably need to note which of the possible KEYS the router is
    using, #1 #2 #3 #4 etc and provide that on the laptop as well as the actual
    KEY.

    JoeT, Apr 23, 2005
  4. Guest

    atec Guest

    Assuming of course he has actual access to the desktop ,
    know what I mean ?

    atec, Apr 23, 2005
  5. Guest

    JoeT Guest

    Naturally :)

    The question does seem "questionable" but reasonable doubt is the OP may
    have had set up help from someone more knowledgeable and just doesn't know
    how obvious the answer is. On the other hand, if they're trying to hack,
    well the answer won't help there.

    JoeT, Apr 23, 2005
  6. Guest

    sjg100