    Someone point me to a URL? anything after 5.0 will do.
    Thanks in advance.

    Shed Head

    The Shed, Oct 9, 2005

  2. The Shed

    Spider Guest

    Shed Head

    Here you go:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...cb-5e5d-48f5-b02b-20b602228de6&displaylang=en

    Spider, Oct 9, 2005

  3. The Shed

    cjf Guest

  4. The Shed

    The Shed Guest

    The Shed, Oct 9, 2005
  5. The Shed

    why? Guest

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/default.mspx
    IT Pros
    Deploying Internet Explorer 6 Across a Network?
    Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK) 6 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
    enables the most cost-effective and efficient way to deploy and manage
    Web-based solutions.

    Solutions mentioned before, in no particular order.

    Search past posts in 24HSHD
    http://groups.google.com/group/24hoursupport.helpdesk?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8

    and get something like -

    http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.mspx
    D/L the (on broadband) MS IEAK, run it, select the browser components to
    download. Copy the d/l files onto a CD, works well.

    Evolt Browser Archive
    http://browsers.evolt.org/

    (U.S. and Canada, order the CD from MS)

    Subscribe to MS Technet, get the CD/DVDs?

    Usually ( it was / used to be v4 and 5 at least) in the Technet / IT Pro
    downloads section.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/Downloads/default.mspx

    Me

    why?, Oct 9, 2005
  6. The Shed

    The Shed Guest

    The Shed, Oct 9, 2005
  7. The Shed

    Trax Guest

    |>Greeting folks,
    |>I have a few (12) laptops of various manufacture and style.Client wants
    |>McAfee security suite (version 8) installed on all of them.They have
    |>provided original copies for all machines.
    |>All the laptops are running on win 2000,in various states of upgrade
    |>etc.
    |>When i run the set up,it fails as it says it requires I.E 5.xxxx or
    |>better installed----obviously the ones i have tried do not.
    |>I am not going to hook each machine up to the web and download the msoft
    |>installer(all are on 56k modem) to let it update.
    |>I am sure there was a complete download available from Mr Gates--Damned
    |>if i can find it now.
    |>Someone point me to a URL? anything after 5.0 will do.
    |>Thanks in advance.

    Taking a different path than the other post, run SP4 on all the W2K
    platforms, it will upgrade IE as well as all the patches.
    http://tinyurl.com/fd26

    Trax, Oct 9, 2005
  8. The Shed

    Toolman Tim Guest

    For sure! They should have the service pack installed anyway before going
    online - and if they're putting McAfee on it, I'd guess they're going
    online.

    Toolman Tim, Oct 9, 2005
  9. The Shed

    The Shed Guest

    Think i have found a resolution----have to load service pack 4 on all
    machines--well that ups the bill --result!!!
    Best i have a scoot around and get the office updates,might aswell load
    them at the same time---double kerching!!

    The Shed, Oct 9, 2005
  10. The Shed

    Alan Guest

    Trax would then choose "Network install" to put the file onto CD

    I read the directions (*GASP*) for the IE6 SP1 installer and towards the
    bottom, there is something that says

    Instructions
    Click the Download button in the upper right-hand corner of this page to
    start the download, or choose a different language from the drop-down
    list if applicable, and click Go.
    Do one of the following:
    To start the installation immediately, click Open or Run this program
    from its current location.
    To copy the download to your computer for installation at a later time,
    click Save or Save this program to disk.

    I think that the second option may fit the bill. It does not bring it
    to the lastest greatest all patched version, but it is close. Because I
    have all the patches, etc.. it would not let me try - also I'm not
    getting paid by the client to expiriment either ;)

    Alan, Oct 10, 2005