I dropped my Canon S500 in the toilet by accident

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Russell B Waters, Aug 15, 2004.

  1. The LCD has all this weird spots on it and it made a whirring sound
    when I pressed the lens focus button. Should I let it dry out??

    Russell B Waters, Aug 15, 2004

  2. Russell B Waters

    Cretin Needs Guest

    Let is soak it the toilet water for a few hours.

    Cretin Needs, Aug 15, 2004

  3. Russell B Waters

    Sl;ippers Guest

    no, better to use salt water, that will clean it up nicely

    Sl;ippers, Aug 15, 2004
  4. Russell B Waters

    Dougal Guest

    Use wine instead.

    Dougal, Aug 15, 2004
  5. Russell B Waters

    YoYo Guest

    Thats a stupid question "Should I let it
    dry out??"

    Of course you should let it dry out, the
    camera should be stored in a very dry
    space for at least 24hours.

    I had droped a camera in a pond but
    unlike you I took cards out batteries
    out left doors open (on camera) and put
    it near a dehumidifier for 24 hours.
    The camera works fine and no spots.

    "Russell B Waters"
    message
    Should I let it dry out??

    YoYo, Aug 15, 2004
  6. Russell B Waters

    Jimmy Smith Guest

    Since being in the toilet is soooooooooo close, don't waste another moment;
    you should now stick it directly up your ...............

    Jimmy Smith, Aug 15, 2004
  7. Russell B Waters

    Big Bill Guest

    And dry it in the microwave. About "Defrost" power for 30 minutes
    ought to do it.

    Bill Funk
    Change "g" to "a"

    Big Bill, Aug 15, 2004
  8. Russell B Waters

    Ken Scharf Guest

    AW SHIT

    Ken Scharf, Aug 16, 2004
  9. Then shallow fry it in battery acid.

    --
    Phil Kyle esq.

    http://philkyle2003.reachme.at/

    "That's not cheese, it's the product of an unwashed foreskin."

    - Craig "I like cheese" Oldfield

    Phil Kyle Usenet Anti-Christ, Aug 16, 2004
  10. Russell B Waters

    RustY © Guest

    Yes but also go out and get some insurance tomorrow, then wait a few months
    and dump it in the river. Hey presto - one new Camera. You can have the
    first 100 on me - that's what they charged me as an excess on mine.

    RustY ©, Aug 16, 2004
  12. Russell B Waters

    Scott Guest

    The LCD has all this weird spots on it and it made a whirring sound
    That is completely normal when you flush the cache.

    Sorry :)

    Scott, Aug 16, 2004
  13. Russell B Waters

    Nostrobino Guest

    Depends on what the contents of the toilet were at the time you dropped the
    camera in, and whether or not you flushed. We will require more details in
    order to be of help here.

    Nostrobino, Aug 17, 2004
  14. Russell B Waters

    drwxr-xr-x Guest