I cant get it to work properly

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richardbardsley, Nov 25, 2005.

  1. Ive reinstalled AOL with service pack2 and its slowed everything down.
    It keeps freezing when Im browsing.

    richardbardsley, Nov 25, 2005

  2. richardbardsley

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Have you tried Firefox?

    fred-bloggs, Nov 25, 2005

  3. Can I use that with AOL?

    richardbardsley, Nov 25, 2005
  4. richardbardsley

    TNKEV Guest

    Welcome to AOL!!

    TNKEV, Nov 25, 2005
  5. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In richardbardsley spewed forth:
    Put a heater nearby.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 25, 2005
  6. richardbardsley

    fred-bloggs Guest

    Yes, just minimise AOL, you can't close it or you log-off.

    fred-bloggs, Nov 26, 2005
  7. richardbardsley

    Evan Platt Guest

    Welcome to AOL.

    Evan Platt, Nov 26, 2005
  8. On the other hand, if he's not AOL Fodder, nobody is. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2005
  9. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Blinky the Shark spewed forth:
    Good point.

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  10. It just occurred to me that AOL is like an enabler or a co-
    dependent (or some such pop psych buzzlabel) for the arrested
    development crowd. :)

    Blinky the Shark, Nov 26, 2005
  11. richardbardsley

    Rich Wilson Guest

    Just wait a minute or two, it'll sort itself out once Freeserve has finished
    sending those porn diallers to your computer...

    Rich Wilson, Nov 26, 2005
  12. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Rich Wilson spewed forth:
    ROTFLMAO!!!

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005
  13. richardbardsley

    Mara Guest

    It's the online equivalent of having to have your shoes labeled "left" and
    "right."

    "And, of course, 'Me too.'"

    Mara, Nov 26, 2005
  14. Howdy!

    Quick answer - Dump AOL.

    Long answer - AOL's programmers make microcephelic crack monkeys
    look like Einsteins, and they persevere in ever deeper incursions into the
    TCP/IP stack of the infected computers. The MAIN reason why a lot of folks
    like AOL is that they know nothing better.

    So dump AOL, and use a REAL ISP.

    Oh, wait, I forgot - your old ISP forced a dialer down your phone
    line, didn't they? *snicker*

    Maybe it's AOL blocking the dialer on you.

    Gotta go - my nose is now 6 foot long and it's hard to read the
    screen with my head turned sideways. Not to mention much more and it'll be
    over the gas logs, and you KNOW how nose hair hurts when it burns!

    RwP

    Ralph Wade Phillips, Nov 26, 2005
  15. richardbardsley

    Toolman Tim Guest

    In Ralph Wade Phillips spewed forth:
    ....not to mention the smell...and so close...OMG - I just /can't/ seem to
    get away from it...ARRRRGGHHH...

    Toolman Tim, Nov 26, 2005