    the free trial of Network Magic to get connect mi wireless router to a
    Comcast Cable Modem. And also i would like to get advices about how i can
    connect the wireless router with Comcast Cable Modem. THX.

    Guest, May 25, 2007

  2. Guest

    Chuck Guest

    What operating system is the computer running? If Vista, this article should be
    of interest.
    <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233>
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928233

    Now, an IP address of 169.254.x.x is an APIPA address, and you get that when
    your computer can't contact a DHCP server. Did installing Network Magic involve
    any changes to the router? If so, you need to check the manual for the router,
    and find out how to reset the router to factory specs. That should turn the
    DHCP server on, and let your computer connect.

    What make and model is the cable modem? Is it setup as a modem, or as a router?

    --
    Cheers,
    Chuck, MS-MVP [Windows - Networking]

    Chuck, May 25, 2007