I can ping the router but router can't ping me

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by superkingkong, Feb 21, 2010.

  1. superkingkong

    superkingkong

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi,

    I've just got a Cisco 2620XM router to play around.
    I'm trying to connect my PC to a Cisco 2620XM router via a UTP cable.
    Earlier, my PC and the router were connected to the same switch using straight cable.
    My PC IP address is 10.0.0.99 / 255.255.255.0 / Gateway: 10.0.0.1
    My router FE0/0 is 10.0.0.1 / 255.255.255.0

    My Cisco 2950 switch Ip address is 10.0.0.10 / 255.255.255.0

    From my PC. i can ping my router and the switch
    From my router, i can ping the switch but I can't ping my PC (10.0.0.99)

    So, i used a cross cable to connect my PC to the router FE int directly.

    same thing, my PC is able to ping the router but router can't ping the pc.

    Do you know what is the problem?

    Actually i'm trying to upgrade the IOS on the router via TFTP method, but the problem is, my router can't find my PC.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Last edited: Feb 21, 2010
    superkingkong, Feb 21, 2010

  2. superkingkong

    blanken79

    Joined:
    Apr 16, 2010
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Greenville,SC
    Firewall on the PC?

    blanken79, Apr 17, 2010

  3. superkingkong

    superkingkong

    Joined:
    Feb 21, 2010
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeah, it was the firewall.... Good, it can protect your PC and Bad, restrict you from doing things.... :(

    superkingkong, Apr 17, 2010