I asked before and was told it could not be done, well its Done...??

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Karen Parker, Aug 25, 2004.

  1. Karen  Parker

    Karen Parker Guest

    Yes how to reset a Bootable hard drive to a none boot one..

    Every one here stated I would have to reformat the HD to do this...Utter
    Bollocks

    Use PTedit.exe

    You can dnloaded it from the PQ Magic site or use the one later version that
    come with PQ Magic when you make the Rescue Floppy disks..

    Its on Disk 1. ptedit.exe

    This will display the Partition Table info

    The Boot sector are shown with a 80 as a boot flag, just type a 00 and
    save..

    Here is some info regarding ptedit.exe

    http://www.goodells.net/multiboot/ptedit.htm

    And with out loosing any data..

    Karen Parker, Aug 25, 2004

  2. Karen  Parker

    Invisible Guest

    Why do you post the exact same message 24hrs after the original? Not enough
    followups to put you in the limelight again or what?

    Invisible, Aug 26, 2004

  3. it's because "she" is a sufferer of the ID-Ten-T syndrome.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Aug 26, 2004
  4. Why do you post the exact same message 24hrs after the original? Not
    Perhaps he has a crap newsreader that doesn't do the job properly ??

    ..Waylon Smithers.., Aug 26, 2004
  5. Karen  Parker

    Karen Parker Guest

    No I corrected the Typo..

    Can't you READ..???

    Karen Parker, Aug 26, 2004
  6. Karen  Parker

    Invisible Guest

    LOL, you are the Typ-O-King
    Not your drivel -run it through a spellchecker and your PC will probably crash.

    Invisible, Aug 26, 2004
  7. Karen  Parker

    theseus Guest

    Most people killfile you when you start carrying on like this
    <plonk>

    theseus, Aug 26, 2004
  8. Karen  Parker

    JohnO Guest

    Woger revising a post to correct a typo? ROTFLMAO !!!

    Given his signal to typo-noise ratio he'd be revising his revisions in a
    vicious circle!

    JohnO, Aug 26, 2004