I am stumped by this one

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by [email protected], Apr 24, 2005.

1. Before I am going to take this up with my ISP,
    can I find a solution here?

My [email protected] ISP always disconnects and reconnects my wireless adsl router internet
    connection every now and then to discourage users from using their connections
    as a server. If I leave my system on, the next morning I would need to reboot
    since I cannot download my mailbox or access the Internet. This is been going on
    since I sub to their adsl service. My laptop is within 1 metre of the wireless
    route therefore I can rule out any interferences that disable my connection.

In a test, I download files via a ftp client and leave it on overnight. The
    next morning, the ftp connection is still on, and I can access my mailbox and
    use Outlook Express to download newsgroups. But I cannot use Internet Explorer
    or any browser to access the Internet. The usual solution offerred by this [email protected]
    ISP is to shut the modem (which actually means rebooting my system), wait for 5
    minutes before turning on the wireless router. I tried ipconfig /renew and still
    I cannot access the Internet and the solution that I use is to reboot my system.

I have not tested shutting down the modem and switching it on, (but I may the
    next time, I hate the repair feature for wireless network)

System is a laptop with a Centrino CPU using a Billion wirelss adsl router.

[email protected], Apr 24, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. D@annyBoy

Quaoar Guest

You should test shutting down the modem. You should not have to do a
    repair; your router should recognize the new lease.

Quaoar, Apr 28, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question