    Although there's word that some people downloaded the photos and sent
    them to Ofoto instead. I might end up suing the other hockey parents for
    copyright infringement.

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005

  2. Cynicor

    Bill Guest

    I don't think you're considered a pro until you make $10 clear profit.

    :)
    Ooo...lawsuits are quite profitable.

    Bill, Nov 1, 2005

  3. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    (sniff sniff) I smell a libel lawsuit against you for detracting from my
    new-found professional status. I figure if I'm awarded $6.32 in damages
    from you I'll hit that $10 profit and I'll be allowed to print
    professional business cards too.

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005
  4. Cynicor

    Mark² Guest

    Meanwhile, they'll sue you for selling photos of their kids without their
    permission...
    :)
    You might do well to skip the lawsuit...
    Besides...suing for $3.98 just doesn't go over well with lawyers when they
    realize their take will only amount to about $1.19.
    :)

    Mark², Nov 1, 2005
  5. Cynicor

    Frank ess Guest

    Last week I must have been seven and a half pros: a $75 check for a
    fifteen-year-old (fully depreciated?) photo that was used one-eighth
    page in a magazine.

    So far this week I am no pros at all, but there's always hope...
    For the sharks.

    Frank ess, Nov 1, 2005
  6. Cynicor

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Hey, he's got me beat, by about 3.68 :)

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Nov 1, 2005
  7. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    No, this is the best part of all. I have releases from all of them!
    Look, I've spent $20,000 to keep this copyright lawyer on retainer. I've
    gotta get some use out of him sometime.

    Now that I'm a pro, I might try to get a small business setup grant from
    that guy on TV who wears the suit with all the big dollar signs on it.

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005
  8. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    (shakes head) You know, it used to be about the love of the craft for
    you. Now it's all about the quick money.

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005
  9. Cynicor

    Annika1980 Guest

    I've sold 45 youth hockey photos off my Web site
    Your prices are way too low. $0.25 for a 4x6? That's cheaper than I
    can get them printed at Ritz for myself. And that's before Smugmug
    gets their cut.

    I took some soccer pics last week and now some parents want to buy some
    of the pics.
    Here are the prices I quoted them:

    4x6: $2.00
    5x7: $5.00
    8x10: $15.00

    That may sound high, but not in comparison to what many event shooters
    charge. And of course, the quality is way better since I rule. I've
    been giving away prints for too long now. Now it's time to get paid!

    So I think you are selling yourself short.

    Annika1980, Nov 1, 2005
  10. Cynicor

    Oliver Guest

    Benny Hinn gives business grants?........

    Oliver, Nov 1, 2005
  11. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Yeah, but this is the first year of my giving away prints. Maybe I'll
    boost the price up a bit; I can always donate these profits back to the
    non-profit hockey organization. Were you taking the shots just for the
    sake of taking soccer pics, or are you involved in the program?

    Wait a minute! My new B&H catalog just showed up! I'm gonna need to jack
    these prices up FAST to pay for everything.

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005
  12. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    No, B&H takes your poverty into consideration. The last catalog I
    got from them had a price of $6.95 on the cover, but they didn't
    even charge me a dime for it. If you jack up your prices, B&H will
    return the favor. :)

    ASAAR, Nov 1, 2005
  13. Cynicor

    Annika1980 Guest

    Were you taking the shots just for the sake of taking soccer pics, or are you involved in >the program?

    I just show up with the white lenses and all the soccer moms flock to
    me.
    Chicks dig the big glass.

    Annika1980, Nov 1, 2005
  14. Cynicor

    Cynicor Guest

    Yeah, but the catalog closes up for three weeks in October and I can't
    figure out why. :-(

    Cynicor, Nov 1, 2005

    I like your style, dude.($1 to "The Big Lebowski")

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Nov 1, 2005
  16. The scariest thing about Matthew Lesko's pitch is that if you take
    Matthew Lesko up on Matthew Lesko's offer, Matthew Lesko'll throw in six
    hours worth of Matthew Lesko on audio cassettes.

    That's like 24 consecutive hours of Celine Dion emoting on the Larry
    King Show, 5.5 hours of Gilbert Gottfried rehearsing his lines for an
    AFLAC commercial, or me reading r.p.d. aloud for almost 15 minutes.

    Brutal.

    Unclaimed Mysteries, Nov 1, 2005
  17. Cynicor

    ASAAR Guest

    I'd listen to Gilbert Gottfried doing anything. Even stupid Lesko
    pitches. But 2 1/2 minutes of Celine Dion is about 2 minutes more
    than I can usually tolerate. Singing, that is. I don't watch or
    listen to the King of all mediocrity, except for his annoying
    commercials that are hard to avoid.

    ASAAR, Nov 1, 2005
  18. Cynicor

    ½ Confused Guest

    When I was a musician averaging, $50 a week was a good
    professional income... and the profit was about 2 cents...
    a year... you're doing great!

    Uh, um, how much money have you spent on photo toys to
    get that huge a profit? <very big grin>

    Jeff (i *might* make a profit by 2020)

    ½ Confused, Nov 2, 2005
  19. Cynicor

    kashe Guest

    Cripes, it only comes to five bucks a year for fifteen years
    -- that ain't quick. If that ain't love .... :)

    kashe, Nov 2, 2005
  20. As are you!

    <s>

    I always say I'd rather not sell a $10.00 photo than not sell a $2.95
    photo....

    Well, it *is* a philosophy....

    John McWilliams, Nov 3, 2005