    I've never seen this on W2K, Am I missing a setting or could this be an XP bug?

    Regards
    Michael

    Michael, May 20, 2004

  2. Michael

    gaetano Guest

    http://hp.vector.co.jp/authors/VA002416/teraterm.html

    gaetano, May 20, 2004

  3. Everyone just reccommends another bloody programme, is there actually an
    answer!!!

    ARGHH

    Fatman Superstar, May 20, 2004
  4. Michael

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Perhaps there's a reason why?

    File, properties, settings, Use terminal keys.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 21, 2004
  5. nope :(

    Fatman Superstar, May 21, 2004
  6. Michael

    Hansang Bae Guest

    OK, how about the wrong terminal type? Did you try VT100?

    Trust me..you really really really don't want to use HyperTerm.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 22, 2004
  7. Michael

    Kevin Guest

    What is wrong with HyperTerm?

    Kev.

    Kevin, May 22, 2004
  8. Michael

    Hansang Bae Guest

    It emulates VT100 poorly. Yes, even today, we have to talk about VT100
    emulation. For example, going into Paradyne's with HyperTerm can be a
    painful experience. It doesn't dynamically change the legth and width
    like Tera Term does for example. It doesn't support X like cut and
    paste operations. The logging is poor. It lacks scripting ability. I
    can go on and on.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 23, 2004
  9. Michael

    JD Guest

    Hi,

    I do use Teraterm but just tried Hyper terminal connected on Com2 to my 803.
    Using the emulation as autodetect and the Function, arrow and ctrl keys act
    as Terminal keys. This actually works ok for me. My console speed is set to
    57600 too. Much quicker.

    JD

    JD, May 23, 2004
  10. I agree with all the adverse comments about Hyperterm. Teraterm is a
    very good alternative, although I use Ruurd Beerstra's IVT now
    (http://home.wxs.nl/~ruurdb/home.html). I has multisession capability,
    scripting and all sorts of other functions.

    Pete

    Pete Mainwaring, May 24, 2004
  11. Michael

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Hmm, I'll download it and see. I'm always looking for good telnet
    programs. PuTTY isn't bad either (one small executable)

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 25, 2004
  12. Michael

    AnyBody43 Guest

    I don't at present do scripting and find putty pretty well
    perfection itself.

    As Hansang says, it is just a small exe, NO installation needed,
    or indeed possible, unlimited (AFIK) viewable window size, unlimited
    (AFIK) scrollback, really neat clickless cut and one click paste
    (although I must confess to having pasted inappropriately from
    time to time).

    AFIK it doesn't do serial comms though but does ssh.

    AnyBody43, May 25, 2004
  13. Michael

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Putty's lack of serial support is an issue, but that's where Tera Term
    comes in. The other thing I like better in TeraTerm is its handling of
    logs. It's a bit awkward to start it in putty during mid session.
    Address book is a bit week but then so is Tera Terms address book. I
    did find a company that modified Tera Term to remember the sites you've
    been to, but I can't seem to turn off the reverse lookups.

    ZOC and IVT do all of the above better.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, May 26, 2004