    and I can not shut dowm and restart because the app will not close, I
    have to use the reset button to restart.

    Can anything be done to fix this?

    Zknb, Jul 30, 2003

  2. Ctrl+Alt+Del takes you right to the Task Manager! No sense in asking if he
    did the same thing twice.

    But yes there is somthing you can do about this. Go to the task manager
    again and when the hung up app is running go to the Processes tab and find
    the .exe file and then click "End Process"

    Uber-Thrustation, Jul 30, 2003

  3. Zknb

    Zknb Guest

    I have tried that...

    Still does not kill the hung app.

    Zknb, Jul 30, 2003
  4. Zknb

    Mara Guest

    Actually, it will probably depend on what app it is. Some install themselves
    into Services too, and need to be stopped there before you can do anything with
    them. That could be your problem.

    "I'd check Services also to see if the program has any bits of itself running
    there."

    Mara, Jul 30, 2003