Hunding for vintage snack machine in public space (Toronto, Canada - City)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jordan Wan, Jul 11, 2004.

  1. Jordan Wan

    Jordan Wan Guest

    I am very interested in photographing details of a vintage snack
    machine for an art project. I am looking for the older models (not the
    flashy new streamlined types). Preferably the kind with wood veneer
    (you know the one from the arcades and malls in the 80's and early
    90's).

    This must be a snack type machine with the metal spirals that wind and
    drop the snacks to the bottom.

    I need this to be in the Toronto (Ontario) city area. I am having a
    lot of difficulty finding such a machine! They were so popular when I
    was younger! :(

    If you have seen such a machine and it is within the City of Toronto
    please contact me via e-mail at

    Below are two URLs that show photos of machines I would love to find.
    Again my preference would be the wood veneer type:

    (black type)
    http://www.refurbishedvending.com/images/national_145_blackfront.jpg

    (wood veneer)
    http://www.refurbishedvending.com/images/New Vending Site Images/ap_6000_brown_mini.gif

    Thank you very much!

    Jordan,

    Jordan Wan, Jul 11, 2004

  2. You must indeed be very young if your idea of "vintage" is from the 90's!!

    Dan'l.

    Daniel Dravot, Jul 11, 2004

  3. Jordan Wan

    Jordan Wan Guest

    You must indeed be very young if your idea of "vintage" is from the 90's!!

    They were created in the 80's or possibly the late 70's. I do however
    recall still seeing them around in the 90's and I guess there are very
    few these days.

    They were likely were not created in the 90's

    Jordan Wan, Jul 11, 2004
  4. Jordan Wan

    Seven of 3 Guest

    I know where one is located - a private company lunch room.
    Unfortunately it is on a secured floor and there would be no way for you to
    get access.
    I am just posting to tell you that they are still around.

    The thing that is annoying is when the snack won't drop because part of the
    spiral is still holding it.

    What about older motels/hotels ?
    They might have public access ones?
    Think older places like from the 80's or 90's

    Seven of 3, Jul 11, 2004
  5. Jordan Wan

    Thomas Guest

    You know those machines where you open the door after revolving the whole
    inside?
    Have you ever misunderstood which way the door opens, and got something
    completely different?
    now that is annoying.

    Thomas, Jul 11, 2004