HULK DVD (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Treetop, Oct 30, 2003.

  1. Treetop

    Treetop Guest

    I was FINALLY able to watch the Hulk DVD last night. I have not heard
    very good reviews regarding the movie from the various boards that I
    have watch. Actually I have not heard much of anything regarding the
    DVD compared to other Marvel/DV movies that have been released.

    First off they way that they kept doing the split screen / multiple
    boxes with different shots in it was new to me. I have not seen this
    type of filming on the big screen before. Maybe the once or twice in
    another movie to show a phone call or something, but typically they
    switch between the callers on full screen. To me this really brought
    out the comic book feel to the movie.

    Stan Lee and Lou Ferrigno cameo. The amazing part to me is not that
    they were there ( I was looking for Stan Lee) is that my wife knew who
    Lou Ferrigno was, lol.

    Loved the last line in the movie - "You are making me angry. You
    wouldn't like me when I am angry." Wife didn't catch the reference.

    The one part of the movie I didn't care for was David Banner doing the
    experiment on himself and passing it on to his son. That part just
    didn't work for me. Other story lines at least Bruce had some
    knowledge of what was going on and there was always the chance he
    could find a cure. Having his father do this genetically and not from
    the gamma radiation makes it harder, I think, for Bruce to find the
    cure.

    One last thought. Keep in mind that I have not read the Hulk comics,
    and it has been quite a while since I saw any of the Hulk TV shows.
    The Hulk is thought of as big and dumb for the most part. For some
    reason, during the movie it hit me that the Hulk is a child. If the
    Hulk only shows up, lets say for an hour or two every month or so, it
    would take centuries for him to mature enough to become even a young
    child or a teenager. Don't know if this makes sense.

    Treetop, Oct 30, 2003