Huge 2mp camera with optical zoom

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by scott, Oct 6, 2004.

  1. scott

    scott Guest

    scott, Oct 6, 2004

  2. scott

    andre Guest

    And if we are really lucky we can even reckognize shapes behind all the
    noise. What the heck. Its like computers. People look for GHz not actual
    performance.

    Enjoy your 6MP phone.

    Andre

    andre, Oct 7, 2004

  3. That won't change the physics behind photography. The more light you
    gather the more are the chances of getting a good image. And as I
    understand, the bigger your filming plane (film or sensor) and the
    bigger your lens (light gathering hole), the better is your image
    likely to be.

    IMHO, the need to shrink phones and have a big lens/sensor to capture
    good images are opposite directions. Something, that'll never make good
    cameras out of phones. Yes, it is very much possible that the quality
    of images from phones might be so *acceptable* to general users that
    they switch to phones exclusively for shooting.

    Personally, I want a hot-pluggable chip in my head to snap and store
    anything that looks interesting ;-) That will always beat carrying
    around any equipment (phone/camera) on convenience and speed.
    Cheers,

    Siddhartha

    Siddhartha Jain, Oct 7, 2004
  4. scott

    scott Guest

    But surely the technology will advance to allow the sensitivities we have
    today in dSLR sensors to made much smaller in a few years time?

    scott, Oct 7, 2004
  5. scott

    Ray Fischer Guest

    Cute. Doubt that the image quality will be all that great, though.
    There's a reason telescopes are big, and it has nothing to do with
    technology.

    Ray Fischer, Oct 16, 2004
  6. scott

    ZONED! Guest

    Agreed, why the need? Especially since all I have seen, compress the
    image beyond what I would waste any space to save.

    ZONED!, Oct 16, 2004
  7. scott

    Big Bill Guest

    Cell phones.