HTTP Sniffer extension

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Alain Viguier, Sep 17, 2003.

  1. Hi folks,

    I'm looking for a tool used to size the HTML pages sent
    by an http server to a browser, aka HTTP sniffer. I found
    some of them on the net but none is meeting my requirements.

    So, I found it was possible to develop its own Mozilla/Firebird
    extensions, and such a plugin should be a good candidate in doing
    the job. Ideally, I'd like Mozilla+extension behave like that:

    - type an URL in the URL bar and load the page
    - when loading is complete, display overall page size
    display a grid for each indivual page component like graphics,
    JavaScript, ...
    - in case of HTTP compression, display beforehand page size and compression
    ratio, as well as page size after decompression
    - ...

    It should be easy to do this using an extension (or a plug-in).

    I've searched in the extension list but none seems to do that. So,
    where is the extension documentation and how to begin?

    Thanks for your help.

    Alain

    Alain Viguier, Sep 17, 2003