    any other ideas?

    thanks,
    matt

    matt, Feb 26, 2007

  2. matt

    chris stoner Guest

    Tell her to phone chase and change her login bank details then tell het to
    stop using her machine to login before ensuring she hasnt got a spoof page
    stored in temp internet.

    The problem she has can be indicative of a spoof login page which takes her
    details then gives the spoofer(?) access to her bank account.

    chris stoner, Feb 26, 2007

  3. matt

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Take precautions that she is not trying to log into a phishing page that
    is lodged in her DNS cache.

    START | RUN | cmd

    Rick Merrill, Feb 26, 2007
  4. matt

    Evan Platt Guest

    Try a different web browser. Disable her firewall.
    Based on your complete lack of details, no.

    Evan Platt, Feb 26, 2007
  5. matt

    why? Guest

    The difference is location is
    a) your pc at your location.
    b) her pc at your pc location
    c) either PC at the other location but the same ISP
    d) either PC at the other location but different ISP
    Ask chase tech support.

    It might have been my ISP groups but a similar question, the bank said
    to lower the MTU on the router, if there is 1.
    Clear browser cache

    Don't mention what browser.
    Don't mention what OS.
    Don't mention what ISP.
    Don't mention how things are connects.

    Other than that fine.

    Me

    why?, Feb 26, 2007
  6. matt

    matt Guest

    we have. we've hit the chase.com url from several (mac firefox,
    safari, ie). no avail.
    so, other than being a dick, you dont have anything to contribute?
    cool.

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  7. matt

    john sumner Guest

    Fancy talk from a guy who has to use google to post anything

    john sumner, Feb 27, 2007
  8. matt

    matt Guest

    yeah, still swapping them -- these are desktops so its a little harder
    to test, its taking some time (just started yesterday).
    its pending.
    good idea, will try.
    again -- whats w/ the sarcastic ass-hatery? im not a pc tech -- im
    just somebody looking for helpful suggestions. if you have them,
    great. if not, spare me your attitude and keep surfing the pr0n.

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  9. matt

    matt Guest

    some of the, uh, more helpful replies have requested more info.

    - my friend's OS is mac os x (not sure how this makes a diff on HTTP
    request & response communications, but hey thats why im not a pc tech.
    sorry to have offended w/ my sheer ignorance. "I am a worm...")

    - have tried on the main mac browsers: firefox 1.5, firefox 2, safari,
    and the last IE. no luck on any.

    - on my end, i can connect w/ pc firefox, mac firefox, and safari.

    - i cant remember the networking details at the moment, as ive only
    looked it before going to the bar.. but theres no router, no wireless;
    her broadband is plugged directly into her machine.

    - i think its a cable modem, but ill have to check it & the isp when i
    give it a closer look.

    ....again -- i am looking only for helpful suggestions by folks who
    dont mind assisting, even w/ a lack of complete info. if thats you,
    cool, you rock. if instead youre gonna throw an internet-guru hissy
    fit on me, dont waste our time.

    thanks,
    matt

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  10. matt

    matt Guest

    ....err, whats so fancy about it? as im not a usenet-whore, i have no
    problem w/ google -- suits my humble purposes, your lordship.

    i always get a kick out of you Lawnmower Man "I am god here!" trolls.
    i mean, do you really have nothing better to do than be a jackass to
    random strangers? isnt your time...you know, worth more to you than
    that? i can think of a billion things id *rather* be doing than
    posting on "24hoursupport.helpdesk", but i have to in order to help a
    friend. but you -- you actually *choose* not only to spend your time
    on here, but to waste it being a jackass. thats totally insane. to
    each his own!

    matt

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  11. matt

    john sumner Guest

    Whatever you say *PLONK*
    at least i use something where they
    require a password.

    john sumner, Feb 27, 2007
  12. matt

    matt Guest

    "they"? oh you mean "it", as in the particular usenet app youre using.
    newsflash: signing in to google groups always requires a password,
    unless you opt to store a cookie. check it out. useful for people who
    travel w/o a laptop.
    ah, the inevitable plonk -- the usenet equivelant of sticking your
    head in the sand when you run out of arguments. plonk away, my friend,
    plonk away...

    matt

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  13. matt

    john sumner Guest

    But google has more then its share of trolls like you
    I will Matt with pleasure, so i dont have to read your trolling crap
    anymore.

    john sumner, Feb 27, 2007
  14. matt

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Why have you no problem w/ google -- suits your humble purposes?
    So, how do you feel about being trolled by me, ?
    I like to play with words, . It's not my fault if you
    don't understand English too well.
    I need to in order to help a friend too.
    It causes baldness and lack of mirth.
    Sociopath? Do you secretly love me, ?
    To complete the bond [Reciprocating a pair of Indian Friendship
    Feathers]
    Between you and me, you shouldn't bother.
    Gosh, . WTF are you telling me that for?

    Fred Tehbot, Feb 27, 2007
  15. matt

    matt Guest

    by definition, you are the troll -- "jackass who has nothing better to
    do than be a snarky prick to unsuspecting travelers". look it up.
    ah but wait -- hadnt you already done so, indicated by your "*PLONK*"
    acoustic notation? yeah right! keep reading, my friend.\

    matt

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  16. matt

    matt Guest

    ....your broken half-english is totally whack, its like im reading one
    of those spam messages designed to get past word filters.

    as for the inclusion of webcam fun, your archive assault attempt is
    futile -- this is a disposable mailinator.com account, duh.

    matt

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  17. matt

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Tell me about your past.
    What do you do for fun? You do know what fun is, don't you?
    You should be more concerned about being unable to control your bodily
    functions.

    Fred Tehbot, Feb 27, 2007
  18. matt

    matt Guest

    so, do you have a little text file where you keep all of your inane
    quotes? some sort of stockpile you like to use...? or is it more
    impromptu -- each rendering of ass-hatery an exquisite and completely
    unique demonstration of your delicate masterfulness?

    also, are you the same person as john? trying to figure out why not
    only one, but *two* ass-hats would choose to waste so much time
    engaging in such fluff....

    matt, Feb 27, 2007
  19. matt

    Fred Tehbot Guest

    Why should I tell you if I have a little text file where I keep all of
    my inane quotes?
    It's better than dinner.
    Because I don't want you to.

    Fred Tehbot, Feb 27, 2007
  20. matt

    matt Guest

    er, again, your poor sentence composition is preventing me from
    understanding your desired intent. try again?

    matt, Feb 27, 2007