    Thunderbird. (The university wants everyone to use OE, but I'm not very
    fond of it!) There are a few challenges involved, but it really isn't
    that hard to do.

    Irene Kraus, Nov 23, 2005

  2. Irene Kraus uitte de volgende tekst op 23/11/2005 17:49:
    No, but there is such an option for servers. You probably need to
    switch this for the whole server, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Go to
    news server, there is a checkbox there.

    HTH, H.

    --
    Hendrik Maryns

    ==================
    www.lieverleven.be
    http://aouw.org

    Hendrik Maryns, Nov 23, 2005

  3. Irene Kraus

    Irene Kraus Guest

    Correct, that does allow my posts to be composed as HTML. But, when I go
    to send it, I still get a prompt to send as HTML or plain-text. I guess
    because it isn't recognizing something (newsgroup? person posting
    message?) as able to receive HTML messages.

    If that is the problem, I try adding all my fellow students into my
    address book, and set them all to accept HTML messages... Maybe that
    will make that warning go away...

    Irene Kraus, Nov 23, 2005
  4. Irene Kraus

    gwtc Guest

    You have to set the global option, under Tools, Options, Composition,
    down at the bottom it says Send and HTML Options. In the Send Options
    button, change the setting there.

    gwtc, Nov 23, 2005
  5. Here's what I do
    Only send HTML to newsgroups that accept such.

    I compose my messages using the HTML composer and set the account that
    way. I further set the HTML/Plain text option to 'Ask me'. I write the
    message, and if there is any HTML in it, the option will come up asking
    what to send, I then choose what is appropriate for the specific group
    (mostly plain text but there are a few where HTML is welcome).

    The settings
    [Thunderbird-->Preferences]*-->Composition
    under Send and HTML Options <Send Options>
    set the top selection to <Ask me what to do>

    In the specific news server account
    -->Composition & Addressing
    X Compose in HTML format

    *varies by OS (Mac as above)