    am finding it falls short.
    Thanks
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004

  2. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian Guest

    hmm do you want it to be grafical or do you know a little about html? ie..
    do you understand the source code after developing a site/page ? can you
    alter source code without messing up?

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004

  3. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Well, I have taken WebTech University's online classes in HTML 101, 201, and
    Tables.
    I know basic HTML code...but not CSS (although I am waiting for that class
    to start...)
    Thanks
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004
  4. You stupid cherman, sticky, snoopy shrimp. You need to understand the source code /BEOFRE/
    developing a site.

    Brian, the passage and alley cleaner, Jul 2, 2004
  5. ~*Eternity*~

    JWooden271 Guest

    Perhaps you could try using Nvu. The program aims to be a powerful, yet
    usable WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor for HTML.

    http://www.nvu.com/
    (Note: the site may say Linux everywhere, but there is a Windows version on
    the download page)

    JWooden271, Jul 2, 2004
  6. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian Guest

    "Brian, the passage and alley cleaner"
    Newsbeitrag
    um. no i do disagree! ever used dreamweaver or such? its grafical and you do
    not have to understand the source code to make a page with it..

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004
  7. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Thanks, I will check it out.
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004
  8. Study pagetutor.com for a few days and then go download a free copy of
    1stpage2000 from evrsoft.com

    --Tina

    Tina - AffordableHOST, Inc., Jul 2, 2004
  9. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian Guest

    "Brian, the passage and alley cleaner"
    Newsbeitrag
    i was sure that he/she could alter things afterwords.. using the souce code!

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004
  10. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Thanks. I will check them out.
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004
  11. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian Guest

    oh. alt.www.webmaster paying a visit? what have we done to deserve this??

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004
  12. ~*Eternity*~

    Brian Guest

    "Brian, the passage and alley cleaner"
    Newsbeitrag
    and do stop calling me cherman.. i served the queen for 6 years!

    Brian, Jul 2, 2004
  13. ~*Eternity*~

    Claude Guest

    Take a look at Serif Web Plus 8. I found it is the best WYSIWIG I have ever
    tried, If you can use a DTP program you can use this, no need for any
    knowledge of HTML at all, a simple efficient uploader included, as well as
    site maintenance facilities. Unfortunately it IS NOT free.

    Claude, Jul 2, 2004
  14. ~*Eternity*~

    why? Guest

    'falls short' of what? Otherwise it's harder to suggest something if you
    don't say what is wrong.

    UltraEdit www.ultraedit.com for HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JavaScript, Perl,
    PHP , C/C++ etc.
    It's an editor not an HTML tool as such, for that try Dida
    http://www.faico.net/dida/

    Try also many other threads on HTML editors, search past posts.

    For the last year,
    http://groups.google.com/groups?as_...03&as_maxd=2&as_maxm=7&as_maxy=2004&lr=&hl=en
    or shorter
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?T115525B8

    For HTML besides a good editor some sites, a few of many.

    http://www.w3.org/
    http://www.w3schools.com/
    http://archive.ncsa.uiuc.edu/General/Internet/WWW/HTMLPrimer.html
    http://www.htmlgoodies.com/primers/basics.html
    http://www.werbach.com/barebones/
    Me

    why?, Jul 2, 2004
  15. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    Thanks for the great suggestions. I guess I am finding HTML Kit to be more
    frustrating that falling short. It auto completes when I don't want it,
    cause errors, and there are too many unused features. I need a basic,
    no-frills editor.
    Thanks
    Robin

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004
  16. ~*Eternity*~

    Plato Guest

    EasyHTML is nice for beginners as it shows exactly the effect of your
    tags whist your inserting them.

    http://personal.inet.fi/business/toniarts/ehtmle.htm

    Plato, Jul 2, 2004
  17. ~*Eternity*~

    Plato Guest

    I use a 9 year old version of HotDog. Essentially all it does is save
    you the work of having to manually type in html tags. Cant do anything
    fancy.

    Plato, Jul 2, 2004
  18. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest

    ~*Eternity*~, Jul 2, 2004
  19. ~*Eternity*~

    ~S~ Guest

    If you're looking for absolute ease of use, try Macromedia Contribute 2,
    which is 4x easier than Dreamweaver, which is already reasonably easy to
    figure out if you have some basics, which you do..
    ~S~

    ~S~, Jul 2, 2004
  20. ~*Eternity*~

    ~*Eternity*~ Guest