    every individual cell with a hexadecimal #in the saved page.

    So what would be the coding for just copying a piece of text to
    clipboard by clicking on the text itself, anyone know? Thanks!

    fitwell, Dec 19, 2003

  2. fitwell

    why? Guest

    On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 13:23:42 GMT, fitwell wrote:

    HTML won't do that, it's just a markup language.
    <snip>

    So something is wrong with - right (secondary mouse button) click and
    copy?
    <snip>

    Then of course there is the other problem, that with JavaScript turned
    off I see nothing on that page, it simply sits at loading.......
    The coding appears to be fairly simple, in a <script> tag it contains
    lines like -

    function ClipBoard1()
    {
    holdtext.innerText = copytext1.innerText;
    Copied = holdtext.createTextRange();
    Copied.execCommand("Copy");
    }

    Then in the table -

    <TEXTAREA ID="holdtext" STYLE="display:none;">
    &nbsp;</TEXTAREA>&nbsp;
    <BUTTON onClick="ClipBoard1();">Copy to Clipboard</BUTTON>

    It appears the amount of text to be copied is the <TEXTAREA> ...
    </TEXTAREA>

    But as I can't actually see it working I am not exactly sure.

    Me

    why?, Dec 19, 2003

  3. fitwell

    °Mike° Guest

    Double click on the code in column 4 -- which highlights it --
    and then press CTRL+C.

    °Mike°, Dec 19, 2003
  4. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Yesss, thank you so much <g>.

    The original request still stands. Anyone happen to know any html
    coding so that a link we press saves the info to the clipboard but
    that does not involve having to put each piece of info into a frame??

    Thanks!

    fitwell, Dec 20, 2003
  5. fitwell

    °Mike° Guest

    You're welcome.
    As 'why?' has already told you, HTML won't do that.

    <snip>

    °Mike°, Dec 20, 2003
  6. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    I'm sure the code is somewhere, it's always a question of finding it.
    However, did come up with a solution that will do the job. Although
    all html colour tools I'd ever seen were colour pickers, I found a
    small, no-install one that is a colour mixer. A little on the
    cumbersome side and wouldn't have been as good as converting a colour
    wheel so that clicking on it would send the code to the clipboard, but
    this one will do the job. (p.s., colour mixer called "Pallette".)

    Cheers! :eek:D

    [snip]

    fitwell, Dec 23, 2003
  7. fitwell

    why? Guest

    Did you try one of the JavaScript groups? You can't always rely on the
    user having this turned on. So maybe some JavaScript and a note how to
    do it if not enabled.

    That leaves server side, if can't do it by client scripting but maybe
    more of a security issue.

    <snip>

    Me

    why?, Dec 23, 2003
  8. Ich kann diese Schreiben nicht lesen!

    Margarete Beyer, Dec 25, 2003
  9. fitwell

    fitwell Guest

    Well, I went to get this translated online and
    http://www.worldlingo.com/wl/translate returned this:

    "I cannot read these letters!"

    ?

    fitwell, Dec 26, 2003