HSRP virtual IP on a different subnet as physical interfaces

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by priss_uk_2000, Jul 20, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    Is there any problems with below implementation?

    ie.

    Router 1:
    interface FastEthernet0
    ip address 10.0.0.1 255.255.255.252
    standby ip 10.1.0.1
    standby preempt
    standby track Serial0 30

    ip route 10.1.0.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0

    Router 2:
    interface FastEthernet0
    ip address 10.0.0.2 255.255.255.252
    standby ip 10.1.0.1
    standby priority 95
    standby preempt
    standby track Serial0 30

    ip route 10.1.0.0 255.255.255.0 FastEthernet0

    Many thanks,

    priss_uk_2000, Jul 20, 2005

  2. priss_uk_2000

    Rick Wood Guest

    change the subnet mask to /29 and allocate the hsrp address from that range.

    Rick Wood, Jul 20, 2005

  3. My reason of this post is that I do not have enough IP within that
    /29...

    priss_uk_2000, Jul 26, 2005