    outbound traffic flow out the secondary path.

    Do I need to have additional parameters setup to work HSRP with OSPF?

    Thanks in advance!

    lcox, Feb 4, 2004

  2. lcox

    Thomas Guest

    HSRP & OSPF don't talk with each other ...

    static default routes + default-information originate
    when the interface goes down, so does the static & OSPF stops advertising it

    Mr T

    Thomas, Feb 4, 2004

  3. lcox

    Hansang Bae Guest

    Since you're probably generating a default route, the OSPF will
    automatically kill the second default route. Unless you have users that
    connect to this 7500, the solution is to run OSPF on your routers facing
    the 2 7500 routers mentioned above.

    Thomas' solution would work as well. Since these are point-to-point
    links, the interface should go down reliably and you won't have an issue
    pointing your default route to the interface. If you have a FR
    connection, then all bets are off w/o further configuration.

    --

    hsb

    Hansang Bae, Feb 5, 2004
  4. lcox

    rsl.it63

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2011
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    hsrp and ospf

    make a new gre tunnel between 2 7500 and use physical interface ip address as ip unnumbered and add them to ospf like "ip ospf 1 are 0 " under interface

    rsl.it63, Sep 15, 2011