    using this set up had any comments.

    Cheers :)

    Ardz

    ardz, Sep 26, 2005

  2. ardz

    XP Guest

    They are both the same..

    Plus its NOT DVI you are getting confused..

    XP, Sep 26, 2005

  3. ardz

    Richard Guest

    Err, yes it is, look up the DVI-A connector and you will see a plug with 4 pins
    for analog video, and a big gap where the DVD-D has the pins for digital video.

    Connector is more suited then the crappy 15pin d that VGA uses for high
    frequancies, but in reality I have never seen an improvement in using it over
    the 15 pin.

    Richard, Sep 27, 2005
  4. ardz

    ardz Guest

    Cheers for that Richard. Looks like im going to save on $25 :)

    ardz, Sep 27, 2005
  5. ardz

    Rob J Guest

    Using Digital is going to give the best improvement. Analog is just the
    standard VGA type signals, they provide the analog pins for
    compatibility with existing VGA interfaces. So there will be no
    improvement on the DVI analog connection.

    Rob J, Sep 27, 2005
  6. ardz

    Rob J Guest

    All you are getting on the analog pins is, basically, the VGA signals.

    If it has the digital pins connected and you have a graphics card with
    the digital output then you would be much more likely to see an
    improvement.

    Rob J, Sep 27, 2005
  7. ardz

    ardz Guest

    Cheers Rob,ill stick with the VGA. Perhaps one day ill "upgrade" to an LCD
    monitor. Still nothing wrong with 21 inch CRTs especially at 1600x1200 :)

    ardz, Sep 28, 2005
  8. ardz

    Richard Guest

    I prefer it a little higher then that myself - Gotta love the people selling
    them for $SFA eh ;)

    Richard, Sep 28, 2005
  9. Ahhh, you can't tell your HDCP from your DHCP, can you?

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 30, 2005