    site, they show updates for every os except Windows ME. Any suggestions,
    other than using something else?
    --mike

    Mbt6, Aug 17, 2004

  2. Mbt6

    derek / nul Guest

    You don't have the correct video driver.

    derek / nul, Aug 17, 2004

  3. Mbt6

    ew Guest

    Often you can use a Windows 98 driver if available.

    Erik

    ew, Aug 17, 2004
  4. Try running the 'add new hardware wizard', under control panel. It
    may identify another video card. If you know which video card you
    had, you could pick it from the 'list' manually.

    keith kichefski, Aug 17, 2004
  5. Mbt6

    George Guest

    You might want to run Aida (or whatever it is called now). I believe you
    may have a Matrox video card...regardless of WHAT you have, you don't have
    the right driver installed. Even the standard SVGA driver will work better
    than what you are currently using. Best bet is to get the CORRECT driver,
    failing that, the SVGA driver will make you happier.

    George, Aug 18, 2004
  6. Mbt6

    WebWalker Guest

    Try to get the nearest OS driver which is Win 98.

    WebWalker, Aug 18, 2004
  7. Mbt6

    Justin Guest

    If you can't find the right driver (which I think you can), you can always
    buy an el cheapo used video card at a used PC store for $10 or so. Chances
    are it'll come with the driver and be better than the card you have now
    (probably a built in 4MB card).

    Justin, Aug 18, 2004
  8. Mbt6

    Mbt6 Guest

    Ok, by luck I tried a Win98 disk. I went to the video card settings and did
    a check for a new driver and had it search a win98 cd, with great luck. I
    guess the driver list on the win98 cd is much greater than that found on the
    WinMe cd.

    --mike

    Mbt6, Aug 19, 2004