HP PS 130 printer from Warehouse Stationery.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Greg  Townsend

    Max Guest

    Max, Aug 3, 2003

  3. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    My Roger detector just went off. Both unhelpful and wrong.

    The ink cartridge would cost around $80, the printer seems to vary between
    $250 and $383. Only in Roger’s mind is $80 almost as much as $250.

    Obviously the ‘It’s Crap’ rating is because it’s not Roger’s favourite
    printer brand, therefore it’s crap.

    MarkH, Aug 3, 2003
  4. Hardly unusual in either case.

    Roger's what?

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 3, 2003
  5. Greg  Townsend

    Murray Symon Guest

    Your Roger detector may have gone off, but I think it selected the
    wrong post - the first (aka "Greg Townsend") was his ........
    You might have to tweak a few more dials and re-align the antennae
    (or whatever it is that you do) to fine tune your device ;-)

    Murray Symon, Aug 3, 2003
  6. Greg  Townsend

    JB Guest

    I was in there today to have a look at one - Paper $23 for 20 sheets (one
    6x4 print per sheet) Replacement cartridge $87 - Decided probably cheaper to
    take a CD with pics on to a Photo shop and get them done properly - 6"x4"
    $1.20 each at Photo Video in Merivale Mall.

    Cheers

    JB

    CHCH

    JB, Aug 3, 2003

  7. Gee who let this Idiot out of his cage..

    Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003

  8. Can't you tell the Truth or are you Blind..?

    They are around $70, a normal price for most colour cartridges.

    Greg Townsend, Aug 3, 2003
  9. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Well it certainly was a Rogeresque post. But yes it does seem that the
    Greg Townsend posts are the actual Roger ones.

    Would the real Roger please stand up, please stand up.

    MarkH, Aug 3, 2003
  10. Now there you go again, talking to the mirror. Tsk, tsk.

    Master Tech ©, Aug 3, 2003
  11. Greg  Townsend

    Max Guest

    Ok maybe a slight exaggeration, but still the cartridges are very
    expensive, and the only reason they are selling these printers at
    around cost, is because they want to sell the cartridges where they
    make a huge profit. I don't know what the cost per image print out is,
    but I pressume a cartridge would do less than 100 pages, and then
    theres the paper cost. I think it would be a lot cheaper to take them
    in to be developed.

    Max, Aug 4, 2003
  12. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    OK, that sounds like a much more reasoned argument.

    It is also worth noting that this is a printer that just prints 4x6 photos,
    so it is expensive to buy this printer for just the one purpose.

    There are sites like
    www.frogprints.co.nz
    that can print 4x6 photos for about $1.25 ea or 20 for $20. They can also
    print other sizes.

    Ink + Paper for the PS130 must be over $1 per pic, so it’s not really worth
    it.

    MarkH, Aug 4, 2003
  13. Greg  Townsend

    MarkH Guest

    Oh please god no, one person posting like Roger is more than enough.

    No need for everyone to stoop to his level, you’ll put your back out
    stooping that low.

    MarkH, Aug 4, 2003
  14. What's wrong with being so supple ?

    Greg Townsend, Aug 4, 2003
  15. You wouldn't need supple, you'd need to dig a hole!

    Nicolaas Hawkins, Aug 4, 2003