    divide it into vlans or at least control the broadcast nature of this
    flat network. If I have to use Cisco layer 3 switch, which ones will
    you recommend, burget is very very tight. Please help. Thanks

    Someone, Oct 2, 2008

  2. Which models of Procurve switches do you have?

    Regards,
    Christoph Gartmann

    --
    Max-Planck-Institut fuer Phone : +49-761-5108-464 Fax: -80464
    Immunbiologie

    Christoph Gartmann, Oct 2, 2008

  3. Someone

    John Oliver Guest

    Google for the documentation for your switches to see how to VLAN them.

    John Oliver, Oct 2, 2008
  4. Building VLANs on Procurve switches is quite simple and possible on many
    switches even on older series like 2400/4000 and 2500.

    All documentation and configuration examples can be found on www.procurve.com

    BTW In our company we're using no other switches than Procurve's. Great devices!

    Andre

    Andre Wisniewski, Oct 3, 2008