HP Pavlion ZV6000 Laptop LCD screen flickers

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Max, Jul 15, 2006.

  1. Max

    Max Guest

    Any body can help? I bought a HP Pavlion ZV6000 Laptop for my 9th grade
    daughter a year and one month back. Now the LCD screen started
    flickering from past few weeks on-and-off. I called the HP Help chat
    and they asked to update a driver for the display. After that it became
    worse.

    I called the help line and it went to India. They want to sell me a new
    laptop for $450 (how sympthatic and friendly?) and $298 for repair.

    I think this looks like a manufacturing defect dorment and surfaced
    just after warranty. Since it just went out of warranty I feel like
    cheated.

    Can any one provide a suggestion how I can fix it?

    Thanks,
    Max

    Max, Jul 15, 2006