    Copying/Pasting: Text within a document, between documents, files
    between folders, etc.

    -ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 6, 2011

  2. Try a new key combination, CTRL+INSERT to Copy, and SHIFT+INSERT to Paste.

    If this works, then my guess is that you have issues with your keyboard.

    Also, I assume you can select and Right Click to copy, then Right Click
    again to paste...

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 6, 2011

  3. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    __________
    Even that way, still intermittent. It either doesnt paste, because
    when i check under the Edit menu "paste" is grayed out - iow nothing
    in clipboard to paste ~ orrrr ~ it pastes the previous item I copied &
    pasted to wherever it needed to be. Frustrating!

    ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  4. __________
    Even that way, still intermittent. It either doesnt paste, because
    when i check under the Edit menu "paste" is grayed out - iow nothing
    in clipboard to paste ~ orrrr ~ it pastes the previous item I copied &
    pasted to wherever it needed to be. Frustrating!

    ChrisCoaster

    If Paste is grayed out, then the Copy failed.

    Your problem isn't pasting, it is copying.

    Jeff Strickland, Nov 7, 2011
  5. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    ________________
    I didn't know about that other combination, I'll have to try it out.
    But I'm doing Ctrl+ C C C C C !!! C!!!!, and then Ctrl+v v V! V!! V!!!
    and then finally it pastes, and then "Do you want to replace" prompts.

    This has been happening long before my hard drive incident you
    probably read about in my other post. I don't know if its because I'm
    not holding a key down long or hard enough, but it happens even if I
    go through the Edit menu and click on Copy and Paste. The Paste
    option is intermittently grayed out.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  6. ChrisCoaster

    ChrisCoaster Guest

    Yes I can. The problem rears it's head with both right-clicking and
    the keyboard annnd the Edit menu at the top left of the screen.

    -CC

    ChrisCoaster, Nov 7, 2011
  7. ChrisCoaster

    Kele Guest