    He is using Windows XP, Service Pack 2. Semantic "System Works" for
    antivirus and firewall. Would appreciate any help you can provide.

    --

    rxterra, Oct 16, 2004

  2. Sounds like there is a corrupt DLL. Try resetting the WINSOCK file. Be
    though!
    DO not mess with the registry! Also, have you had a recent run in with any
    viruses that you know of??

    Mr. BlairJames H. Mason III, Oct 16, 2004

  3. rxterra

    rxterra Guest

    No virus that I can find using Norton and Ad Aware but will look into the
    WINSOCK file. Thanks

    rxterra, Oct 17, 2004