    it from claims it is not "hot" but cannot provide the original manual
    or the label with the s/n (very fishy). HP cannot do anything without a
    s/n unfortunately. Any help would be appreciated.

    madscientist, Aug 29, 2005

  2. madscientist

    Jim Watt Guest

    Your friend should ask for a refund and return it.

    Jim Watt, Aug 30, 2005

  3. madscientist

    madscientist Guest

    That was one of my suggestions as well. Unfortunately the guy says it
    is not his fault we tried to mess with the power on password. He also
    claims he never removed the s/n label. Since he was the second owner of
    the laptop(the original was a rich college kid from what he tells us),
    he claims he got the laptop in the same physical condition he sold it
    to my friend in. Thus he says he never removed the label and will not
    take it back on those grounds.

    madscientist, Aug 30, 2005