    their numerous stupidities, for which only He Himself can be held responsible;
    in my opinion, only His nonexistence could excuse Him."
    [A. Einstein (Letter to Edgar Meyer, Jan. 2, 1915)]

    Barry OGrady, Jan 15, 2005

  2. Barry OGrady

    John Holmes Guest

    Barry OGrady came up with this:
    Boot into the OS. In a command prompt, run debug.

    debug
    -o 70 2E
    -o 71 00
    -q
    (This will leave your drive settings as they are but clears most of the
    rest)

    AMI & Award Bios...

    debug
    -o 70 17
    -o 71 17
    -q
    (Same)

    debug
    -o 70 FF
    -o 71 17
    -q
    (In most cases, this will reset the entire CMOS)

    John Holmes, Jan 15, 2005

  3. Barry OGrady

    Jerry G. Guest

    If you call HP support, I am sure that they will give you the right answer.
    I have had to clear it on some other types of machines, and the manufacture
    tech support was able to tell me. I have not done this model that you have.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    I bought an HP Omnibook 800CT notebook from an auction.
    I can't use it because a password has been set in the BIOS.
    Is there a way to reset the password?

    -Barry
    ========
    "I see only with deep regret that God punishes so many of His children for

    Jerry G., Jan 15, 2005
  4. Barry OGrady

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Thank you. I may do that. I do have proof of purchase.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jan 16, 2005
  5. Barry OGrady

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Thank you for the information. I can't boot into an OS because the password
    request comes up as soon as I switch it on.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Jan 16, 2005