    can't install Norton internet security as well. Need a viral program as
    well. Any help would be great. Not real happy with compatability of the 64
    bit version.

    Guest, Jun 27, 2005

  2. Guest

    R. C. White Guest

    Hi, Mike.

    I don't know about the LaserJet. My OfficeJet G55 (all-in-one) works fine
    with whatever native drivers are on the x64 CD. Come to think of it,
    though, I've used only the basic functions of the G55; I've not tried to
    install the super-duper stuff from the software package. And, as a one-man,
    one-computer kind of guy, I've never needed a server of any kind.

    As for NIS 2005... :>(

    Symantec says: "If you need to install antivirus software on Windows XP
    Professional x64 Edition (64-bit), you will find the applicable information
    in Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10.0."

    For this statement, plus a matrix showing x64 support for Symantec
    products - including a unanimous NO in the x64 column for everything - see:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...rton Internet Security&ver=2005&osv=&osv_lvl=

    Read a few messages here. Antivirus programs for x64 have been discussed
    several times in the past few days.

    RC

    R. C. White, Jun 28, 2005