    posted. http://www.milw0rm.com/exploits/4757

    The vulnerable ActiveX control is EngineRules.dll

    Just don't use IE as your browser and don't let it open on it's own.

    Pennywise, Dec 21, 2007

  2. Pennywise

    user Guest

    I just read this post searching for posts with the subject 'HP Laptop.'
    I knew something was fishy when it came to the 'HP Update' program,
    maybe that was one reason for my machine bouncing out of standby (it was
    the only thing similar to the original Vista install and the downgrade).
    Thanks for the post.

    user, Feb 19, 2008

  3. Pennywise

    Pennywise Guest

    Glad it helped you out, the article headline took a lot of flack as
    the exploit doesn't "brick" your machine.
    http://it.slashdot.org/it/07/12/20/2327242.shtml

    Pennywise, Feb 20, 2008