    Johnny Guest

    Does anyone know if you can use a HP external jet direct print server
    on your home network?

    Johnny, Dec 20, 2005

  2. Johnny

    marvs Guest

    just plug it in on your ethernet cable connected to your home network
    device (hub, switch) then other computers on the network should be able
    to ping your jet direct and use it to print on.

    you use a jet direct so that you don't need to plug your printer on
    another computer it just goes direct to your network then the jet
    direct will handle the rest on introducing itself on the network

    marvs, Dec 20, 2005

  3. Johnny

    Johnny Guest

    Thanks for the response. I see some of these things on ebay cheaper
    than linksys or dlink.

    Johnny, Dec 21, 2005