    Duane

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Duane, Oct 11, 2003

  2. Duane

    kamputo Guest

    Seems to me a friend had this problem before and it was because of a small
    microchip on the side of the cartridge had to either be removed or
    replaced.....can't remember which.

    kamputo, Oct 11, 2003

  3. Duane

    mike babcock Guest

    for me

    Al

    mike babcock, Oct 11, 2003
  4. Duane

    Jerry G. Guest

    From what we have been told there is a sensor chip in the cartridge. Try to
    have the printer do a reset, and a self calibration to see if it gets
    re-zeroed again. This is only a guess. I have heard that when the sensor
    thinks that the cartridge is empty, it will not work anymore, no matter what
    you do.

    This would be good information to know about.

    --

    Greetings,

    Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
    WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com

    I have an HP 5550 Deskjet Printer that I just filled the cartridges on using
    a refill kit. However, the cartridge utility still says that the cartridge
    is low on ink. Any idea how to fool the cartridge into recognizing it is no
    longer empty and can report itself as being full?

    Duane

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Jerry G., Oct 11, 2003
  5. Duane

    Trev Guest

    They do not have chips but a memory, of the serial No for up to three
    carts. So you can either hold a stock of 4 carts. and refill and replace
    in a cycle or try the following way.
    http://snurl.com/2n1a

    Or you can just ignore the levels they will still print as long as they
    have ink.

    Trev, Oct 11, 2003
  6. Duane

    Barry OGrady Guest

    At a computer fair I sawa gadget for resetting the chip.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640

    Barry OGrady, Oct 12, 2003
  7. Duane

    BooBoo Guest

    I don't know your model of HP but in mine I have to go into the settings are
    do an "override the ink settings".

    BooBoo, Oct 12, 2003
  8. Duane

    Orion Guest

    i've got pretty much the same issue on a lexmark z32. it reports that the
    cartridge is empty way before it's actually empty. i bought it used, so i don't
    have the proprietary drivers. if i were to download those, does anyone know if
    there's a setting in there somewhere?

    Orion, Oct 12, 2003