    Is the hex inkset available for the Canon i900D?

    Cheers,
    Bruce

    Bruce Robbins, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Bruce Robbins

    Ron Recer Guest

    From: (Bruce Robbins)
    From what I have read, the HP 7960 is widely accepted as the best b&w printer
    at this time. For more info and many comments on the subject, check out the
    following printer forum:

    Ron

    Ron Recer, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Bruce Robbins

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Trust me, nothing prints B&W better than the HP7960.
    I had used Epson printers exclusively before switching to
    the 7960, and that's because I care about B&W as much
    as you do. I compared the B&W output of the 7960 to
    just about anything available on the market and I ended
    up buying it. You will be VERY satisfied. For best results
    use HP Premium Plus paper only.

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Bruce Robbins

    VT Guest

    It would seem that the HP-7960 is the current leader in b&w prints -
    as the other posts here have indicated.

    If you haven't already seen it - here's a pretty comprehensive
    (interactive) review at photo-i.co.uk -

    http://www.photo-i.co.uk/Reviews/interactive/HP 7960/page_1.htm

    they also stress the use of the correct paper.

    --
    Vincent
    remove CLOTHING for e-mail

    http://UnknownVincent.cjb.net/
    http://UnknownVT.cjb.net/

    VT, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Bruce Robbins

    Mark Herring Guest

    No one has directly answered the question. I do not doubt that the HP
    could be the best OEM solution, but the people talking about
    Quad-tones, hex-tones, reduced gamut, etc. are ALL talking about 3rd
    party ink.

    Most of the stuff I have read says that Epson is #1, but that the
    stuff will start being available for Canon.

    Look at:
    MIS
    Mediastreet
    Piezography
    Inkjet Art
    Colorbat
    Lyson

    All the above can be found thru Google

    There are others too, but I think these are the biggies

    Yes, Epson's do sometimes clog. But it is somewhat preventable and
    usually fixable. Colorbat is informative and entertaining on this and
    other topics.
    Mark Herring, Pasadena, Calif.
    Private e-mail: Just say no to "No".

    Mark Herring, Jan 31, 2004