    only ports to be able to route to computers that are on VLAN2 only ports but
    I am not sure how to configure the routing on this switch. Any help
    appreciated thanks.

    Gerry Armstrong, Mar 12, 2006

  2. Gerry Armstrong

    Allan Guest

    You can not talk between networks except through a trunk line to a router.
    The following is how to setup a cisco router to accept and allow
    communications between networks and a switch. Not sure what you are using.

    router(config)# int fa 0/0
    router(config-if)#no shut
    router(config-if)#int fa 0/0.1
    router(config-if)#encapsulation dot1q 1
    router(config-if)#ip address 10.0.0.4 255.255.255.0
    router(config-if)#int fa 0/0.2
    router(config-if)#encapsulation dot1q 20
    router(config-if)#ip address 192.168.5.3 255.255.255.0
    router(config-if)#exit

    Allan, Mar 12, 2006