    I checked all settings under "Management" > Power management, sleep,etc. tono avail. I even tried unplugging monitor and repowering it, still the same. Monitor is both "used/new" - bought it last month via Amazon. Seller did indicate that monitor "has been unpackaged for testing". Otherwise monitor looks and sounds fine, does what it's supposed to do.

    This lockout has just occurred. Any suggs?

    -ChrisCoaster

    ckozicki, Mar 11, 2012

  2. ckozicki

    Paul Guest

    Sez here, to hold down the monitor power button for "25-30 seconds".

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Lockups-Freezes-Hangs/POWER-BUTTON-LOCKOUT/td-p/59866

    Same thing mentioned here. Almost like it's "kid proofing".

    http://h200003.www2.hp.com/bizsuppo...=3648453&prodTypeId=382087&objectID=c01508108

    Paul

    Paul, Mar 11, 2012

  3. ckozicki

    ckozicki Guest

    Thanks Paul! As usual you ARE alt.computer. Next time I will buy a 'stickered' monitor(new in-store or direct from mfg). Problem is, like velcro sneakers monitors with built-in speakers are being phased out. WTF? #1 I can never tie/untie shoes without getting the "perfect knot" and #2, I DON'T need two extra boxes cluttering up my PC desk. If I need full-range sound there is a fullsized set of cans sitting right next to the monitor where a spkr wouldn't fit. LOL!

    -CC

    ckozicki, Mar 12, 2012