    Now I am really confused... is the Pro1 line a digital line... is there a
    Pro1 and a Pro1 D line... is there really no difference other than
    packaging... HELP... not sure what to do.

    Mike Jenkins, Jan 24, 2007

  2. Mike Jenkins

    Cgiorgio Guest

    There is no such thing as a digital optical filter, so keep it unless it is
    more expensive than the "digital" version.

    Cgiorgio, Jan 24, 2007

  3. Mike Jenkins

    Steve Guest

    Also, as long as its a circular polarizer rather than linear you'll be fine.

    Steve, Jan 24, 2007
  4. Mike Jenkins

    Mike Jenkins Guest

    The price is about the same.... it just that at this amount of money, I want
    to make sure I best thing possible. What got me concern was this response
    from Hoya...

    "It would be best to get the pro 1 Digital. The polarizing foil is
    balanced for digital capture. The Pro 1 super will cause a cyan color
    shift under some lighting conditions.

    The super does created a more saturated look, but it is very easy to
    increase the color saturation in most image editing programs."

    Any truth to this?

    A friend was placing an order for a filter, so asked them about this. Here
    is the great response he got...

    "The Pro 1 D filter have had the multi-coatings upgraded to perform better
    with todays DSLR cameras. The S-HMC Pro 1 filters have the older coatings
    (but that is not to say they are any less effective). The only advantages
    the Pro 1 D has over the older Pro 1 filters is the knurled edged frame, the
    black rimmed glass, and the UV protected case.

    If you are not worried about the $$ you are going to spend (the Pro 1 D
    filters are priced less than the S-HMC Pro 1 filters), I would recommend
    buying the S-HMC Pro 1 filters, as the 99.7% light transmission will lead to
    better photos (honestly, it is hardly noticeable, but the difference IS
    there). "

    Mike Jenkins, Jan 25, 2007