    How to correct this?( preferrably batch job)

    Thanks.

    Nick(Chicha)

    Chicha, Jun 13, 2004

  2. Chicha

    Donald Gray Guest

    ACDsee 6

    Quick answer:
    Highlight images.
    Tools/Adjust Image Time Stamp

    Long answer:
    Changing the date and time properties of a file
    You can use the Adjust Time Stamp tool to change the date and time
    properties of a file in the Browser or in the Viewer.

    To change the date and time properties of a file:
    Do one of the following:

    In the Browser, select one or more images, and click Tools | Adjust
    Image Time Stamp.

    In the Viewer, click Modify | Adjust Image Time Stamp.

    In the Adjust Image Time Stamp dialog box, on the Date To Change tab,
    select the date and time property you want to adjust from the
    following options:

    Last-modified date and time

    Creation date and time <----<<<

    Metadata (Exif) date and time <-----<<<

    ACDSee database date and time

    Click the Advanced Options tab and select or clear any of the wizard
    options.

    Click Next.

    In the New time stamp area, select a new date and time for your images
    and set the time stamp options.

    Click Adjust Time Stamp to apply your choices to the selected files.

    Click Done.

    HTH

    --
    Donald Gray
    www.odcombe.demon.co.uk

    Donald Gray, Jun 13, 2004

  3. Chicha

    Chicha Guest

    Thanks a lot.

    Nick(Chicha).

    Chicha, Jun 14, 2004
  4. Chicha

    stewy Guest

    You can't really change a bit of the data. If the exif was recorded in
    logical British fashion - Day Month Year, and you want to go to the
    illogical Month Day Year?
    Ignore the exif and start renaming the images in a logical sequence.

    stewy, Jun 14, 2004
  5. Chicha

    Chicha Guest

    I'm pretty much sure I can, HEX editors are still around :)
    I would not go into logival/illogical.
    After all, the most logical for archiving purposes is Year/Month/Day.

    My problem having camera purchased on Februar,5 I set date on May,2.

    Since this is pictures of newborn baby i'd like to avoid confusion
    in future (That is how he looked at SEVEN MONTHS???)
    Well, file name is somehow volatile, I would not relay on that.

    Thank you anyway.

    Nick(Chicha).

    Chicha, Jun 15, 2004
  6. Chicha

    Terry Guest

    Exifer does this. Freeware, http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

    Terry, Jun 15, 2004
  7. Ask Lionel Lauer. He does it all the time!

    Orville Wright, Jun 16, 2004
  8. Since you raised this question, I have decided to make a very minor change
    to my PhotoMan application to allow you to do this. If you can wait a few
    days I should have it ready. Watch this space.

    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jun 17, 2004
  9. I have now enhanced my PhotoMan product to allow you to change the three
    main dates (date taken, date digitised and date last modified) in the Exif
    header. You can get a free download from

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~Keith.Sheppard/photoman/home.htm

    Just open the image and select properties. Edit the required fields and
    click Update.

    I've not done a batch version (yet) because I figured it wasn't sensible to
    set the date and time identical for a whole batch of pictures (on the
    grounds you can only shoot one at a time). On the other hand, I might have
    a go at a batch feature which changes the date whilst leaving the time
    unaltered.

    Regards
    Keith

    Keith Sheppard, Jun 18, 2004
  10. Chicha

    Terry Guest

    FWIW, a common need is to be able to change the time by a fixed number
    of hours, because you forgot to set the time zone correctly. So I
    would suggest a feature that lets you add or subtract time to the
    initial time in the exif fields.

    T.

    Terry, Jun 18, 2004
  11. Chicha

    msuresh Guest

    I am sure you would have found a program which does the job for you.

    In case you have not jhead is a free command line program which does this. You
    can use the -ta option to add/subtract to EXIF time. You can check it out at:

    http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/jhead/

    Regards,
    Suresh

    msuresh, Jun 21, 2004
  12. Chicha

    JC Guest

    Your web site didn't say how much the license to use the "advanced" features would be and what these "advanced" features are. Please advise.

    Cheers . . . JC

    JC, Jun 22, 2004
  13. Chicha

    Chicha Guest

    Thanks for being so kind.

    The command line 'jhead' did the job for me.
    Nevetherless, I liked your application.

    The print layout feature is what missing in excellent IrfanView.

    Nick(Chicha).

    Chicha, Jul 14, 2004