    I have 3 BT extension sockets, broadband and VOIP GATEWAY 102 which has two
    RJ11 - one for analog phone and one for PSTN. How can I connect all three
    analogue telephones to share ATA?

    dmitri, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Thus spaketh dmitri:

    Get an RJ11 plug and wire it to a BABT master socket, then wire two
    extension sockets to the master socket.

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}}, Feb 5, 2007

  3. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    {{{{{Welcome}}}}} laid this down on his screen :
    BT Master to Gateway.

    Gateway to BT Extension wiring.

    Job done

    Jono, Feb 5, 2007
  4. dmitri

    dmitri Guest

    Where do microfilter and adsl router go? Do I need to fiddle with wires?

    dmitri, Feb 5, 2007
  5. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    BT Master==>Microfilter==>Gateway==>Exten wiring

    |========>Router

    Yes, you need to fiddle with wires. Presumably you have an rj-ll socket
    on your Gateway, which has an adapter to allow you to plug a normal
    phone in..?

    Replace this adapter with (try) an old modem lead - cut one end off, &
    use the bare end to connect to the blue extension wires behind your
    master socket - make sure you disconnect them from the master first -
    then plug the other end into your Gateway phone port.

    You will also be able to do away with all other microfilters too - apart
    from the one at the master.

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007
  6. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    For some reason, diagram above (now amended) didn't look right after posting

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007
  7. dmitri

    Ivor Jones Guest

    You were right the first time. The router should, although it's actually
    unfiltered, be plugged into the relevant socket on the filter (assuming
    from the OP's post a separate one rather than a faceplate).

    Ivor

    Ivor Jones, Feb 6, 2007
  8. dmitri

    Jono Guest

    Ivor Jones explained on 06/02/2007 :
    It was an early start for me! Tired eyes & all that.

    Jono, Feb 6, 2007