Howto: Connect Cisco CallManager Express to external SIP provider?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Daniel I, Oct 27, 2004.

  1. Daniel I

    Daniel I Guest

    Hi,
    I have a 1761 router with CallManager Express software.
    I would like to be able to call an external number via a SIP provider.

    Right now I have connected a GrandStream HandyTone 286 ATA adapter to an FXO
    port on my 1761 router and then I call out via that FXO port. It work but it
    is an expensive solution because I have to have an FXO card and a ATA box.

    I have tried to configure a dial-peer to call via the sip-server but I can
    not get it to work.

    Can anyone help me with this? e.g. a sample config.

    My SIP provider has provided me with this info:
    Usernavn
    Password
    Phone number
    SIP-server

    regards,
    Daniel I.

    Daniel I, Oct 27, 2004

  2. This will not work. You will need a gateway betveen the SIP provider and the
    Call Manager since the Call Manager does not support SIP.

    I had the same problem but not with Call Manager Express. I have a Call
    Manager 3.3.4 that I wanted to connect to my SIP provider that also supports
    AIX. Fixed it by placing an Asterisk as a gateway using H.323 to AIX.

    Martin Kiefer, Oct 28, 2004