    Bratboy Guest

    Okay, I know a lot of people hated this movie but, at least for me, it was
    still fun. Any chance Lucas will let it out on DVD?

    Bratboy, Nov 29, 2005

  2. I suspect not for many years as there are many other good films
    that haven't made it.

    Your best bet will be like I did, catch on cable, and edit the
    comos out, and burn it to disk.

    The film is a bit strange, but fun just because of that.

    BIll

    Bill Vermillion, Dec 5, 2005

  3. Bratboy

    Aphelion Guest

    I suspect not for many years as there are many other good films
    Are you kidding? Leonard Part 6 is on DVD. The Garbage Pail Kids Movie is on DVD. I'm sure there's a market for Howard.

    Aphelion

    Aphelion, Dec 5, 2005
  4. Bratboy

    Mike Guest

    Bad movies are fun to watch on DVD too but it looks like George wants to
    keep this buried (like The Star Wars Holiday Special)

    Mike, Dec 5, 2005
  5. And at this traditional point in the thread, I'll fulfill my official
    duties as one of the three people in North America who remembers that
    Lucas *didn't* write or direct it, and that the project was primarily
    the brainchild of Willard "Radioland Murders" Huyck and Gloria "Temple
    of Doom" Katz--
    For whom no script was too stale-sitcom and borscht-belt for Lucas to
    NOT sugar-daddy entire movie projects for, out of eternal gratitude for
    their writing the first "American Graffiti". (qv. "More American Graffiti")

    And who have had not a single screen credit to their names *since*
    "Radioland", which, of course, was written ten years before "Howard"--
    Just which of the two WAS the one official movie that permanently ended
    their careers is a question we shall leave to the academics.

    Derek Janssen (well, okay, there *was* "Best Defense", apparently even
    George wouldn't touch that one)

    Derek Janssen, Dec 5, 2005
  6. Bratboy

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Bill Vermillion () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    Quality of film can't be used to determine when (or if) a movie hits
    DVD. There are a lot of real dogs available, while good films of all
    kinds are still lingering on the studio "to do list".

    Jeff Rife, Dec 5, 2005
  7. Bratboy

    Jeff Rife Guest

    Derek Janssen () wrote in alt.video.dvd:
    All true, but "Howard" was a fun, dumb comic book movie. It wasn't faithful
    to the actual comic, but had *a* comic book spirit. If "The Tick" live
    action TV show can make it on DVD, "Howard" can. Both are pretty stupid,
    but both have some hilarious moments.

    --
    Jeff Rife | "As we sit here and idly chat, women--female

    Jeff Rife, Dec 5, 2005
  8. Bratboy

    Doug Warner Guest

    I have Plan 9 from Outer Space and Robot Monster on DVD.
    Two of the worst movies ever made.

    Just checked Amazon.. They have a page for it, where they say:

    "Availability: This title will be released on December 31, 1969. You
    may order it now and we will ship it to you when it arrives "

    Hmm, It seems that the release is a bit overdue :)

    Doug Warner, Dec 6, 2005
  9. Bratboy

    Mark Spatny Guest

    I'd rather was Howard the Duck than those awful new Star Wars movies,
    and Lucas didn't have any problem releasing those stinkers.

    Mark Spatny, Dec 14, 2005