    Windows XP is much better at handling high-speed Internet connections than the "made for dial-up" Windows 98, but there is still one little tweak that can increase your connection speed.
    Review Link
    **Discuss this how to in this thread only**

    Silverstrand, Aug 19, 2005

  2. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hey, could ya give a detailed report on what this actually does, and how much it speeds it up?

    Flukemanguy, Aug 19, 2005

  3. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    its great for sync DSL,not async DSL, basicly limits the up to the down speed :p so u get a fast lactency... ok for webpages not for downloading... thats if i interputed it right :|

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  4. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have ADSL 2mbit, any point in me doing it?

    Flukemanguy, Aug 20, 2005
  5. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    nope
    u have async not sync (eg up kb/s = down kb/s)

    unholy, Aug 20, 2005
  6. Silverstrand

    Flukemanguy

    Joined:
    Jul 1, 2005
    Messages:
    169
    Likes Received:
    0
    Yeh I tried it, and my computer was dling at 120k/byts, without it I am supposed to get 256k/bytish

    Flukemanguy, Aug 21, 2005
  7. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    what site u downloading from?

    unholy, Aug 22, 2005
  8. Silverstrand

    PUTALE

    Joined:
    Jun 26, 2005
    Messages:
    220
    Likes Received:
    0
    mmh, thanks for teh info, I will give it a try.

    PUTALE, Aug 23, 2005
  9. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    What about a 10Mbps cable connection? Do anything for that?

    The Modfather, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    youve got 10MB? Wish i had that... im only on 1.5MB ADSL. What download speeds do you get?

    XhArD, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    I have ADSL2+ upto 24mbit (so they claim, only if you ARE the exchange thought :D) and we get ~4.5mbit and up.

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 14, 2005
  12. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    how much are you paying for it? im getting 1.5MB with 20GB d/l limit for $50 a month.

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  13. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    dam u biatch give me ur inet!!!! :p

    unholy, Sep 15, 2005
  14. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Man you're getting raped.....
    We pay $40 a month for this, if you on for 24 month contract they will give free setup and modem and everything so only $40 each month. Get 10GB normal downloads anytime and 10GB from peering services (things like game updates and shareware and stuff). So it's pretty sick :D

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  15. Silverstrand

    The Modfather

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2005
    Messages:
    2,424
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm getting an average of 10Mbps actually, it peaks at 11.4 (so far that's the fastest I've seen it get to at least) and it'll drop as low as say 8.9 but normally it's dead on at 10. I'm paying $59 a month (it's packaged with my cable so the total bill comes to like $149 a month, that's with 3 converter boxes, digital extended service, one premium channel and 2 pay per view wrestling events per month). Not bad... I use Skype for a lot of LD calling too and that saves me some change. I was looking into Vonage but it didn't work out for me. Ah well.

    The Modfather, Sep 15, 2005
  16. Silverstrand

    RObErT_RaTh

    Joined:
    Aug 24, 2005
    Messages:
    581
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia Mate!
    Don't forget that's US .... thats pricey

    RObErT_RaTh, Sep 15, 2005
  17. Silverstrand

    XhArD

    Joined:
    Aug 30, 2005
    Messages:
    1,709
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Queensland, Australia
    I would switch over to whatyouve got Rath, but id go over the 10GB limit. Ive gone over the 20GB limit here once, and nearly gone over it 3 times, but not quite. Does it throttle your speed back, or does it cost you for every 1MB over the limit?

    XhArD, Sep 15, 2005
  18. Silverstrand

    unholy

    Joined:
    Jun 21, 2005
    Messages:
    3,899
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Australia
    i think it throttles thats what most companies do :D

    unholy, Sep 16, 2005
  19. Silverstrand

    atticus

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    Guess this doesn't work with a cable modem huh?

    atticus, Dec 11, 2009
  20. Silverstrand

    atticus

    Joined:
    Dec 11, 2009
    Messages:
    8
    Likes Received:
    0
    I guess it doesn't work with a cable ISP?

    atticus, Dec 11, 2009