    program to be run also if i can to controlled bandwidth by pix or any
    other hardware cisco product

    thanks for all your effort

    Chicko, Dec 26, 2006

  2. You cannot directly use the PIX 515E to block web sites.
    - you can use it to block IP addresses, which would work until the
    site changed IP addresses
    - you could add on a Websense or equivilent server which has various
    content and site controls, but is moderately expensive.
    Sorry, I do not understand what you are asking in that phrase. The
    PIX 515E cannot determine which program any of the computers is
    running: it would need to have strong connections into the internals
    of the operating system of each protected computer (and printer)
    in order to do that.
    There are a number of bandwidth controls available in Cisco products.
    If you are running PIX 7.x on the 515E, then you are able to
    configure bandwidth controls on it; however, that feature was
    not available in PIX 5 or PIX 6.

    Walter Roberson, Dec 27, 2006