    "syslog watcher" supposed to be able to be used for this?

    I'm using Windows Firewall on Win 7. Is it possible the firewall is
    blocking the UDP messages from the router?

    Guest, Jan 4, 2013

  2. Guest

    Dave Taylor Guest

    I see you also posted at anadtech

    "standalone application" mode and the IP of your PC running the app should
    be all you need, if the firewall on the computer is allowing it in.

    I use http://www.kiwisyslog.com/downloads.aspx kiwi syslog server freeware
    version.

    Dave Taylor, Jan 4, 2013

  3. Guest

    Guest Guest

    Thanks but it's still not working. If I do netstat -ano it shows a
    few TCP ports in "listening" state but no UDP ports in listening
    state. Should it show 192.168.15.100 port 514 in listening state?

    Guest, Jan 4, 2013
  4. Guest

    Dave Taylor Guest

    My XP computer shows UDP 0.0.0.0:514
    It doesn't have it as listening, but it is in the list of connections near
    the end

    Dave Taylor, Jan 6, 2013