    very faint characters in the form.

    Has anyone found the solution of this mess???

    TIA

    Loony, Oct 28, 2012

  2. Loony

    Paul Guest

    PDF-Xchange Viewer is a product of Tracker Software.

    http://www.tracker-software.com/product/pdf-xchange-viewer

    *******

    Acrobat Reader should also be able to fill out forms.
    As long as the security setting of the PDF document
    allows modification, you should be able to edit and save
    the form data you've entered. Have you tried Acrobat
    Reader for this job ? How well does it work ?

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 28, 2012

  3. Loony

    Loony Guest

    Thanks Paul,

    I had got that far about a week ago but I still failed.

    Here was a response that I had:

    Thanks for your e-mail.
    First please make sure that you have the latest build of our Viewer
    (2.5.206): www.tracker-software.com/PDFXVwer.zip
    And then please go to Edit -> Preferences -> Colour Management and turn
    on the "Use Black point compensation" checkbox.

    If this does not help the way your text looks - then please send us a
    sample file and a screenshot of how it looks at your end.

    Kind Regards,
    Stefan Dzhukelov

    Support Manager Europe
    Tracker Software Products

    www.tracker-software.com

    Tel +44 20 8503 8711
    Fax +1 250 324 1623

    By following the above route I had no improvement. The characters
    were still too faint. I was able to do a better job with Irfanview.

    Thanks again for your interest :)

    Loony, Oct 29, 2012
  4. Loony

    Paul Guest

    The PDFXViewer software, fills out the form with "blue ink".

    http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/2979/filltest.gif

    You can go to the preferences, and try changing ink colors
    under the "Forms" preference. And see if that makes
    a difference.

    If a "blue object" is printed on a black & white printer,
    a "grid of dots" is used. To make blue, perhaps they'd
    use a 60% dot fill. Which makes the letters when printed
    on a black & white laser printer, appear a bit "gray" or
    "fuzzy".

    If you change the color of the fill text to black, no
    halftone approximation of "colors" will be used, resulting
    in nice solid black letters.

    You can see I submitted my screenshot to imageshack.us . That
    site doesn't share pictures with all continents. But so far,
    I haven't had a complaint from anyone that they can't see the
    picture. There are other photo sharing sites, and you can take
    a screenshot, carefully crop it to remove personal information,
    then post a link to it later like I did in my example.

    The form I filled out there, was this one.

    http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f1040.pdf

    Because I know the government is a good source of fillable forms.

    Paul

    Paul, Oct 29, 2012