    Hello All,
    I want to upgrade my MCSD to .Net version how many Exam should I passed to
    upgrade my certificate? 70-300 only?

    Deena, Jun 29, 2003

  2. My understanding is that there is no upgrade path (but I may be wrong) You
    start at square one like everyone else. 5 exams with credit for 70-229 if
    that was your previous track.

    Logically it would make sense that there is no upgrade path, because .NET is
    so drastically different that to take only 70-300 and be an MCSD.NET would
    be a travesty. You couldn't possibly sit down and write MCSD level programs
    without the knowledge in the other exams. That's if you could even pass
    70-300 because of the architecture differences that you learn in the other
    material. Completely new are ASP.NET Web Services, .NET remoting, etc, etc..

    The only benefit I think you get is that you can get a certificate for
    70-300 so that it's free.

    Wray

    Wray Smallwood, Jun 29, 2003