    I love Firefox, but it seems to be lacking in adjustments, such as
    beingto easily turn thses off.

    Mark

    maradcliff, Dec 12, 2004

  2. Salut à toi **, tu nous disais ce dimanche
    12/12/2004 vers 10:28:10 ce qui suit :
    You will find FlashBlock here :
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=45

    Michel Doucet, Dec 12, 2004

  3. maradcliff

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    There are two extensions you can try: FlashBlock or AdBlock. FlashBlock
    does just what it's name suggests. AdBlock will allow you to block the
    ad server who is responsible for the ads. Personally, I *love* AdBlock;
    I sometimes forget what webpages look like with ads... until I fire up
    IE at work :-(
    How do I easily turn off Flash in IE? I'd *love* to be able to
    temporarily disable flash on my work computer -- where I'm forced to use IE!

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 12, 2004
  4. maradcliff

    Tom Betz Guest

    I use this every day, and LOVE IT!

    --
    George Bush's War of Choice on Iraq is a totally unnecessary war.
    Every life lost, every limb lost, every disfigurement, every

    Tom Betz, Dec 12, 2004
  5. I vote for Adblock. Flashblock is great as long as you really don't
    want most flash, but it does cause problems with some desired flash.
    Adblock will kill them right off.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Dec 13, 2004
  6. maradcliff

    KeithS Guest

    Mark,
    Have you considered Preferences Toolbar extension at
    http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/main.php/Firefox
    (under 'Configuration')?
    I use it on Mozilla browser, and consider it one of the most essential
    extensions available.
    Instantly change a page's colour, allow/disallow images, Java,
    animation, Flash, change fonts and size, browser spoofing etc etc.
    Good help page too.
    KeithS

    KeithS, Dec 13, 2004
  7. maradcliff

    :: BRIAN :: Guest

    Sold! You've convinced me! <g>.

    What I like about AdBlock over FlashBlock is that it's only killing the
    advertising Flash files from ad servers that I've configured. I still
    get menus and other "wanted" flash content... just never any of the
    annoying flash ads. Whenever I come across a new advertising server, I
    block the iFrame with AdBlock, and never see the content again.

    AdBlock, it's my favorite Firefox extension ;-)

    :: BRIAN ::, Dec 13, 2004
  8. maradcliff

    rieekan

    Joined: