  1. RichA

    JustBCause Guest

    Obviously you're not one.

    JustBCause, Jul 6, 2010

  2. RichA

    Guest Guest

    and the latter is something you repeatedly do.

    Guest, Jul 6, 2010

  3. RichA

    Guest Guest

    best buy you say? they also categorize cameras into point & shoot,
    digital slr and interchangeable lens cameras. thank you for proving my
    point.

    not to mention that walmart, best buy and costco sell a *lot* more than
    just cameras and electronics, so their annual sales (which you
    conveniently neglect to mention) could easily be higher. let me know
    when b&h starts selling groceries, clothes, home appliances, etc.

    Guest, Jul 6, 2010
  4. RichA

    Guest Guest

    yet you do exactly that.
    then you lack the necessary skills.
    like hell you don't.
    or that you haven't learned how to properly use a mechanical zoom lens.
    so power zoom is faster, except that it overshoots and requires the
    user to switch to a slow speed to actually be usable. hilarious.
    that's fine, it's the rest of your rubbish that's not.

    Guest, Jul 6, 2010
  5. RichA

    tony cooper Guest

    Exactly. Point and shoots. You can't upgrade your camera by
    upgrading the term you use to describe it.

    Can you point it and shoot? The term doesn't exclude the camera
    having accessibility to custom settings. It simply describes what can
    be done with it. A high-end dslr can be used in a point and shoot
    mode if it has an "automatic" setting.

    tony cooper, Jul 6, 2010
  6. RichA

    Peter Guest

    In Tennis it's easy to tell the difference:
    An amateur jumps over the net.
    A pro's manager jumps over the gross.

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  7. RichA

    Peter Guest

    I don't know how many pros you know. I know at least a dozen fine are &
    fashion photographers. Every one of them takes great pride in their art. I
    only know two fine art photographers who do really well. (Income over 7
    digits not counting decimals.)
    Most I know are not in that business for the money. They do it for the self
    fulfillment an artist gets.

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  8. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Imagine someone worrying about being politically correct when referring to a
    camera.

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  9. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Well!
    We are waiting for your proof. Until then,
    Bye

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  10. RichA

    Peter Guest

    And you proof of sales of camera equipment by Wal-Mart and Best Buy is?

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  11. RichA

    Guest Guest

    you'll be waiting a long time.

    Guest, Jul 7, 2010
  12. RichA

    Guest Guest

    the sleazy thing about it is he's trying to compare the sales of b&h
    with *total* sales of big box stores that sell all sorts of non-photo
    stuff. obviously, the latter is going to be higher.

    by the way, flickr thinks his camera is a point & shoot:
    <http://www.flickr.com/cameras/panasonic/dmc-fz28/>

    and it looks like its usage has dropped off, maybe because the users
    realized its limitations and bought better cameras. :)

    Guest, Jul 7, 2010
  13. RichA

    Mr. Strat Guest

    You don't know an f/stop from an F-sharp, dumbass.

    Mr. Strat, Jul 7, 2010
  14. RichA

    Peter Guest

    He tried the same thing, claiming Word is better than WordPerfect. His proof
    was that he wrote macros & templates for Word which made more usable than
    WordPerfect. A valid comparison would compare out of the box to out of the
    box. But, I just let that one go.

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  15. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  16. RichA

    Guest Guest

    it gets better than that.

    last year, apple released safari 4 and it was one of the first browsers
    to be 100% acid3 compliant as well as one of the fastest browsers at
    the time.

    he tried to tell me that safari was a piece of shit compared to
    firefox, and cited two reviews to prove it.

    except that he dug up a six year old review of safari 1.0 from 2003 and
    compared it with a then current review of firefox 3.x. seriously.

    perhaps he did the same thing with word versus wordperfect. word 2007
    is better than wordperfect 1.0.

    Guest, Jul 7, 2010
  17. RichA

    Peter Guest

    Yawn

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010
  18. The only two fields where amateurs are better than pros are the army, and
    sex:-0
    No, seriously, a pro gets paid for his job, so it must meet some standards,
    and be of excquisite quality, while a seasoned amateur takes his "hobby"
    seriously, using sophisticated equipment and/or techniques.

    Tzortzakakis Dimitris, Jul 7, 2010
  19. Nice one!
    A food preparer at MacDonald's is a pro by that definition, and his or
    her work seldom, if ever, rises to be that of "exquisite quality".....
    I'd rather have a home cooked meal prepared by an amateur. (Even if the
    amateur chef is myself).

    John McWilliams, Jul 7, 2010
  20. RichA

    Peter Guest

    You guys have hands on expereince with professonal sex workers?

    Peter, Jul 7, 2010